Our poor lonely blog gets no love. We have made a resolution to change that. Any relatively meaningful update should from now on be posted on our blog and re-posted to the Facebook page. Please remember we also have a wonderful website at MHFanRoundup.com.
Our website, as usual, is a work in progress that was slowed due to the inconvenience of having no computer capable of properly working with the site builder to update it. This is going to change very soon. I am still updating and installing programs to my computer including Adobe CS2 (it’s free, sign up and go get!). I happen to be working the evening shift this week so I don’t have much time after work to really look at my computer except to click “install” or “update” buttons as needed and walk away.
So brass tacks time:
1. Anyone who has been waiting to hear from us in regards to a table at the convention will be contacted soon. We are in the midst of creating a mailing list and a newsletter so we can mass contact everyone and then we will be able to have individual conversations going forward. We want to make sure that everyone is on the same page with our first contact including acknowledgment that you have a table, payment information and potential an information packet on the venue or anything else that would be relevant for our vendors, artists and panelists.
2. Website update – I am a broken record with this. I did some updates to the site, saved but did not publish. We ran into a road block with PayPal that I need to finish sorting out. I will remove those updates for now and complete the other updates around that. These include: ticket prices, vendor/artist/panelist page updates, removal of meeting update section, adding of a different section (I forgot what it is but it’s important), probable removal of the social forum as no one is using it, various updates to the “information” section as a whole, and probably more.
3. We have had some success so far raising donations for the convention. We are nowhere near where we need to be for funding so if anyone knows of a likely business to donate please let us know. We will be heading out to mass attack more businesses in March. We wanted to do February but schedules don’t match up.
4. We are planning an event at Crave (in the MH College). It is so far just an idea and we have no hard plans on it yet. Likely to be discussed at our next meeting this Saturday.
5. Our next meeting is this Saturday, February 8th @ the Medicine Hat College Rom S141 6:30pm. If you happen to come along (all our meetings are open to anyone who wants to come) and we don’t appear to be there please post to Facebook as sometimes we relocate to Starbucks where there is access to wifi and comfy seating.
This is all I can think of at the moment…more to come regardless!