Yes, we at the MHFRU get really quiet over the summer. We take it as our time off and do a lot of fun personal stuff before we hunker down and get back to work.
The Roundup this year was a success and we hope to grow that success next year. So here’s a general list of things that we will be starting to do and will be discussing at our first meeting.
1. Setup 2015 meeting #1 in September. Looks to be September 6th at the MH College – Room and time TBA.
2. Garner new volunteers, interns and executives. (There is a MHC Club Fair in September we want to attend, a Government bursary program we are signed up for and a general invitation through Facebook and last years volunteers we have in the works)
3. Finalize MHFRU date.
4. Redesign Website.
5. Plausibly consider new Special Guests (we have 1 tentatively booked and we could gain maybe 1 more with a proper Sponsor!)
6. Look into Extra-Life game party
7. Look into New Year’s Eve Costume Ball?
8. Plan out our Convention Tour for the new season.
9. Discuss the Quality over Quantity approach we have – general idea of how much less we want to have and what worked best this past year.
11. Discuss Otafest Aurora – table?
Definitely more to it than that but I have to remember it to add it! :)